The ultimate palette of organic flavors: The “Menu du Jour” now becomes authentically and organically the “Inspiration du jour”
Effortless gardening: Only a cartridge to change every month, that’s it!
True Original Taste (TOT) recovered: In the maze of suppliers, sometimes the original taste of things got lost. We found it again!
Varieties / yield / size / price optimized: The true technological and design achievement of the Natufia Kitchen garden is to have minimized full automatization technologies that normally are only possible with larger hydroponic plantations; while at the same time allowing for growing a variety of different species… All of this in an attractively designed cabinet that fits in most professional or home kitchens… and at an accessible price.
1 - Computer / Cartridge center
2 - Water container
3 - LED lighting system
4 - Nursery
5 - Removable ceramic pots
6 - Rack system
7 - Ventilation
8 - Speakers
9 - Glass window
Tech Data Summary:
- L 590 x W 580 x h 2100 mm (L 23.23 x W 22.83 x h 82.67 in.)
- Plugs like a dishwasher (water in, water out, electricity)
- Glass / stainless steel / ceramics / natural stones
- Monthly water consumption < 200L ( 52.8 gal)
- Monthly electric consumption < 130 kWh
- 3 different playlists: classical, ambient music and nature sounds
- Hydroponic based technology with organic consumable
6 STEPS FOR GARDENING WITH NATUFIA
1. SELECT SEEDS
Select desired seed capsules to grow anything from Basil to Lemon Grass, or a seed packet of nutrient rich micro greens. The seeds come in a capsule. The choice of seeds is constantly expanding. All of the seeds are non-GMO, certified organic.
2. PLACE THE SEEDS INTO THE NURSERY TRAY
The nursery drawer is where your plants will first start their journey. Giving your plants a good start in life is half the battle when it comes to successful growing. The nursery of NATUFIA Kitchen Garden provides the spectrum needed for plants to grow, close enough for germination, but with low intensity to keep the roots unstressed.
3. TRANSFER SEEDLINGS INTO THE CUPS
The next important step is transferring seedlings carefully from the drawer into the cups of the machine. The two pull out racks of the machine hold 32 handmade ceramic cups and a total of 165 microgreen plates or a combination of cups and plates. The cups are poreless, which helps to minimize bacteria and keep the plants healthy.
4. RELAX AND SEE YOUR PLANTS GROWING
Watering the plants is fully automated. Water is cascading from the top of the system down to each cup, ensuring each plant receives the necessary amount of water and nutrients. All the nutrients for plants are dissolved in the water. The machine controls water pH levels to ensure optimality.
5. FOLLOW THE PROCESS ON THE APP OR ON THE SCREEN
Indoor growth conditions are controlled by smart sensors for temperature and humidity balance as well as the nutrients and pH levels of the water. The machine’s app feature allows you to adjust some parameters in order to adapt them with the choice of plants you made and reach optimality. Wi-Fi capability allows you to monitor your garden from a smartphone, computer or a tablet. From anywhere you can adjust parameters, monitor growth, adjust watering settings, place orders and more. It’s simple. It’s smart. It’s Natufia..
6. HARVEST AND ENJOY
Once the produce is ready to harvest, you may harvest just what you need and let the plant continue to grow, like you would in any garden. Remember that every harvest calls for a small celebration!
- ▼What is the Natufia Kitchen Garden?
- A fully automated garden system for indoors that allows every chef to compose with various purely organic flavors and original tastes and that fits in most professional and private kitchens.
- ◄Why did it take Natufia Labs 3 years of research and testing before the machine was made available?
- Some of you are familiar with hydroponics and know that it’s been successful for many years. Hydroponics is about not using soil, but adversely requires a lot of manpower. The real technological mastery that was achieved along those years by Natufia Labs was to miniaturize automatization processes that so far only existed with much larger hydroponic gardening structures. When you start to think about the perfect machine that combines full automatization (effortless gardening) with the possibility to grow various plants (32 to 64) at the same time, all of which being done within a nicely presentable space that fits in small professional kitchens or in a typical home kitchen space and that still needs to remain affordable, then you understand the significant design and technological barriers that took us 3 years to overcome. Many hydroponic machines can be developed faster and may be much cheaper, but once they operate, they need lots of maintenance, have limited yield and do not allow for much variety unless they become truly unaffordable and take the entire space of a professional kitchen.
- ◄How can I buy one?
- You can pre-order or reserve one here on our website or by sending us a request by email at inquiries[at]natufia.com. After your order is confirmed with us, it will likely be handled by our local distributors /retailers / installers depending on what is your location.
- ◄What can I grow in the Natufia Kitchen Garden?
- We have tested so far over 100 herbs and plants and the list keep extending as we are continuously testing new seeds. See for yourself some examples here.
- ◄How many plants can grow at the same time in the Natufia Kitchen Garden?
- The Natufia KG is equipped with 32 ceramic pots, a number that can be increased to 64. Alternatively, it can be easily fit with 128 microgreens plates. It was designed to allow for the full flexibility of a mix between ceramic pots and microgreen plates to suit the user’s preferences.
- ◄Do plants grow faster than in Nature?
- The Natufia KG has no ambition to be a Frankenstein machine. Our ambition is to stay as close to complete natural conditions as possible, simply because we aim at keeping the authenticity of the original taste of our products. Some plants grow faster, some other grow a bit slower. But the average time and yield equation stays very close to the one in full nature conditions.
- ◄Where do I get the seeds?
- We have a catalog of over 100 seeds. Most of them available to buy directly from this website here. All seeds are guaranteed organic and cost on average less than 1 € / ₤ / $.
- ◄Can I plant my own seeds?
- Yes of course. We can supply you with capsules for that. You would just have to plant the seed inside the capsule and place it in the nursery to get the organic growth process starting.
- ◄When do I know it’s a good time to move the seedling from the nursery to the ceramic pot?
- It’s a matter of space. Plants need space to grow. When the seedling reaches a height of about 1 to 5 cm, we recommend moving it to the main compartment of the machine.
- ◄Our restaurant already has many suppliers. Why would we need a Natufia KG?
- It takes decades to build a reliable network of suppliers for herbs and plants. If you have such network, that’s indeed a great achievement. But even if you have a reliable one, that’s because it’s local. If it’s local, you may be still limited in your choice by weather, seasons, pollution conditions that you can only beat so far by going global. If you go global, then you add more uncertainty on the quality and reliability of your supply, not to mention that you will add some serious carbon footprints to what you put in your clients’ plates.
- ◄How do I install it?
- The machine installs like a small dishwasher (water in, water out, electricity). For total functionality, we recommend connection to your Wi-Fi network, which will allow you to control it remotely and to get alerts and updates. But the machine can also work well in a standalone setting, requiring only electricity. Standalone installation means that the user must fill-in the water tank manually every day. The Kitchen Garden is equipped with an on board computer that provides an easy a step-by-step installation process where you can choose your preferred installation mode.
- ◄What is the Internet connection needed for?
- The Wi-Fi connection is optional, but is a true part of the technological innovative content of the Natufia KG. By connecting it to the Wi-Fi, you will be able to monitor and control your machine from any remote PC, smartphone or tablet. In addition, the machine will receive software updates and be remotely monitored by the Natufia Labs Help Desk in Tallinn for any possible malfunctions. The machine was built so that even some repairs, such as pump cleaning, can operated at distance via the Wi-Fi.
- ◄Is it true that there is a playlist that plays music for the plants?
- Yes, there are 3 playlists in the machine: Classical, ambiance and nature sounds.
- ◄How long a machine lasts?
- The Natufia Kitchen Garden was designed by chefs for chefs and therefore designed to last. All materials and components were thoroughly tested to last over the 10 years milestone. But they may last even longer.
- ◄What type of maintenance is needed?
- Overall very little. We recommend once a year maintenance check and cleaning for optimal results. The machine’s on board computer provides users with an easy step-by-step cleaning and maintenance program. When operated professionally, we recommend running the maintenance and cleaning twice a year. Alternatively, our local Natufia certified teams can also do a professional cleaning.
- ◄How much does it cost?
- We have one single price for all destinations: € 12,000 + local sales taxes (or VAT). As for some top-of-the-game luxury cars, it’s best to reserve your machine in advance.
- ◄What type of warranty covers the machine?
- Natufia Labs covers the first year. After that, the warranty depends on your sales contract with the local distributor that will deliver and install the machine. Most of them offer extended warranty contracts.
We have more detailed professional information ready to be sent to you (full list of herbs that grow in the Natufia / more technical data about the machine / list of distributors near you / pricing plans, etc.). You may either request that information by filling the form on our support page or by sending us an email at inquiries AT natufia DOT com. You may also give us a call directly or have us call you back.